Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One of the very latest fun projects at the studio has been repurposing a few very old children's books.  I had a "Mother Goose" and a couple "Peter Rabbit" books printed in 1942.  As beautiful as these books were I had to be so careful handling them.  The paper was crumbling at the edges but the majority of the images were still in good shape. They were no longer functional as books.  What else could they become?  I've been making many little paper cabins at hutch over the past couple of months and I thought these sweet illustrations with their rich colors could transform into fun cabins.  I've made single cabins that are illuminated by a tea light $8., ornaments $6., string garlands of 5 cabins $24., and my favorite is a hanging strand mobile of 5 cabins for $24..
The individual cabins measure 4 1/2" tall x 2 1/2" wide, and because the book pages have graphics and text on both sides, the interiors are just as fun as the exteriors.  They are the #1 hot item right now the stock is fairly limited, so stop on by or give me a jingle at the studio #360-466-2303. I'm excited about putting one on our tree.

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE these! They are so charming in person too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful - will post a couple today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw these at kickan and conkers blog and they are amazing and adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...